There are plenty of techniques you could be using to enhance your brushing skills necessary to keep your mouth clean. Not only can you upgrade and improve the way you brush your teeth, but you can even enhance the way you care for your brush. The cleaner your brush is, the less likely it is to contaminate your mouth when you are trying to clean it. For a few helpful tips to improve your oral health care, consider the following tips about caring for your toothbrush:
– If you wear out easily or struggle to use a traditional toothbrush, consider automated tools such as an electric toothbrush.
– To prevent contamination, store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated space. If you must store your toothbrush in a closed container for traveling, do so for only short periods at a time.
– Replace used toothbrushes every few months as necessary. Typically, replace your brush every three or four months.
– Use toothbrushes and toothpaste that are recommended by your dentist.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which guarantees the products meet the top safety and effectiveness guidelines.
– Never store your toothbrush in areas where they can encounter other toothbrushes, as this can lead to contamination.
– Never share your toothbrush with others.
To learn more about which service you would prefer for treating your teeth and gums, contact Kevin J. Reece, DDS at 801-465-4474. Come visit Dr. Kevin J. Reece and our team at our dentist office in Payson, Utah by booking an appointment at your earliest convenience. Take the time to protect your teeth today!