As a general reminding for the Halloween season and all of the wonderful holidays seasons to come, don’t forget to protect your smile. If you are considering chomping down on sweets or treats this Halloween season, there are a few important factors to keep in mind. Your risks for tooth decay and dental erosion dramatically increase during this time, so it is crucial to make sure you practice discretion before and after the holiday. Consider the following tips to protect your smile:
– Offer to swap out your loved one’s candy for toys, money, or other rewards.
– Always make sure you’re eating healthy treats and focusing on consuming only sugary snacks.
– After the holidays, get rid of any extra candy you have lying around.
– Feel free to schedule a meeting with your dentist for routine checkups and professional cleanings.
– Stay away from hard candy, as it can easily chip or crack your teeth.
– Stay away from chewy candy, as it can easily linger in your mouth and increase the rate of tooth decay.
If you have any additional questions, or to book an appointment with Dr. Kevin J. Reece, please contact us at 801-465-4474, or stop by our office in Payson, Utah. From all of us at Kevin J. Reece, DDS, have a ‘fangtastic’ Halloween!