If your tooth enamel is continually damage due to harmful acids, dental erosion will occur. If you wish to avoid dental erosion, make time to limit or eliminate harmful substances from your diet. Common tips for a healthy diet include:
– Use oral health care methods such as chewing sugarless gum and using mouthwash to make sure harmful acids are effectively removed from your mouth after meals.
– Stick to large meals only, avoiding snacking throughout the day.
– Let saliva, your body’s natural protectant, defend against dental erosion, so make sure to avoid ingredients or medications that can contribute to dry mouth disorder.
– Sugars are converted to treacherous acids within your mouth, so limit sugary products and sweets.
– Avoid abrasive products that can make teeth extra sensitive and make sure to always use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
– Limit your intake of foods and drinks that are highly acidic.
To schedule an oral exam for dental erosion at Kevin J. Reece, DDS, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Payson, Utah, with Dr. Kevin J. Reece and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 801-465-4474. We look forward to helping you soon!